Lately, there has been much discussion of what makes a dog a service animal. Garage guests put together their criteria:
- If your dog can use the remote, she’s a service dog.
- If your dog is smarter than you are, she is a service dog.
- You know it’s a service dog when it pulls down the covers and puts you to bed, even when you’re sober.
- He’s not a service dog if he greets everybody from behind.
- A service dog doesn’t hold a grudge.
- If your dog isn’t trained in customer service, he is not a service dog.
- A service dog washes dishes without using his tongue.
- A service dog can open the fridge door, take out a can, pop the top and serve it to you.
- A service dog doesn’t need you.